With artificial intelligence (AI) being integrated into fitness devices, some fitness apps are integrating the technology as well. Fitness AI is a fitness app that creates personalized workout plans. However, is Fitness AI better than normal fitness apps?
Fitness AI is not better than normal fitness apps. Fitness AI is expensive and is often difficult for people new to exercise to use. It has received mixed reviews and is only available on IOS devices. However, it is considered an effective workout logger.
Keep reading to learn more about how Fitness AI compares to other fitness apps.
Fitness AI App Review
Fitness AI is an app that uses AI to create fitness plans for users. It also allows users to plan and log their workouts. The app also has millions of workouts for you to choose from if you don’t want to follow the fitness plan created for you or want to try a different exercise.
When you watch one of the workout videos, the muscles being worked are highlighted, which is one of the more useful features of FitnessAI. This makes it easy for beginners to learn which exercises work what muscles. However, because the app uses AI instead of in-person or human personal trainers, beginners sometimes find it hard to do the exercises properly, due to the lack of guidance.
That being said, people like that the app shows and tells users how to do exercises. You can watch an AI-generated human do the exercise as you do it or before you do it.
Beginners can sometimes find that this app doesn’t suit their needs because of how intense the workouts can get. Luckily, you can customize the fitness plan generated by the app so it suits your needs and abilities. If the fitness plan generated for you by the app is too intense, you can also make it suit your needs more by lifting less weight and doing fewer reps.
Fitness AI is great for weight lifters, as it was designed by weight lifters, but others can use it to lose weight, get toned, or work towards other fitness goals as well. This app is also extremely easy to use and its formatting is pleasing to the eye.
While Fitness AI is considered a good app, it is expensive, especially considering the fact that it can only be used on IOS devices. While it is frustrating that Fitness AI can only be used by Apple devices, that aspect is great if you have an Apple Watch and use Apple Health, as the workouts tracked on the app can easily transfer to Apple Health. Your workout can also be tracked by the Apple Watch and your iPhone.
If you have a small budget, Fitness AI might not be the best fitness app for you. While it is unclear exactly how much it costs to use this app, as there are multiple membership plans available, you should expect to pay between $39.99 and $129.99 per year. There is a free trial, but it only lasts for 1 week.
Normal Fitness Apps
Normal fitness apps may not often use AI, but some employ personal trainers that can create a personalized fitness plan based on your fitness goals and physical limitations.
Most fitness apps are completely free to use, although most have premium services that you have to pay a monthly subscription to use. This is highly beneficial for those who are on a tight budget or aren’t sure how often they will use the fitness app they chose to download.
The features that fitness apps have vary depending on the app, but many fitness apps have the following features:
- Activity Tracking: Fitness apps track your movement like the number of steps you take and how many flights of stairs you climb per day. Fitness apps often work with smart devices like smartwatches to track your movements.
- Goal Setting: Many fitness apps allow you to set fitness goals to work towards. Some will give you tools to help you reach your fitness goals.
- How-To Videos: Many fitness apps have how-to videos available that show you how to safely do popular exercises.
- Overall Health Tool: The overall health tool on fitness apps tracks your heart rate, blood pressure, and the amount of sleep you get. Some also track your blood oxygen levels.
- Personalized Workout Plan: Some fitness apps create personalized fitness plans that can help you meet your fitness goals. Some of these workout plans are generated by programs, but others are created by personal trainers.
- Personalized Diet Plan: Some fitness apps create a personalized diet plan for you to follow so you can reach your fitness goals in a healthy way. After all, diet and exercise go hand-in-hand when it comes to fitness. Some fitness apps hire nutritionists or dietitians to create these diet plans.
- Health Tips: Many fitness apps give users health tips that make it easier for them to work towards their fitness goals in a healthy manner.
Fitness apps are normally extremely easy to use, and many are free.
Is Fitness AI Better Than a Normal Fitness App?
Fitness AI is not better than normal fitness apps. While the app and its features are easy to use, most don’t think the app is worth the price. Other fitness apps are considered better because they are designed to be used by the general public. Fitness AI is heavily geared towards weightlifters, although it can be used by people with other fitness goals.
Many normal fitness apps are free. Even fitness apps that are pay-to-use often cost less than Fitness AI, which is one of the reasons why is not considered better than other fitness apps.
While personal trainer services are often not free, even through fitness apps, they often cost less than the yearly cost of Fitness AI. This makes employing a personal trainer more appealing than downloading Fitness AI, especially because most people enjoy working with other people when working towards a fitness goal.
Because Fitness AI can only be used on Apple devices, many people can’t access the app. Most fitness apps can be used on Apple and Android devices, which makes them more appealing and accessible than Fitness AI.